In our house, Sunday morning breakfast is special occasion. Pappa usually has day off from work which means a family ‘fun day’ together. I take great pleasure in preparing a lavish breakfast and fresh pancakes is usually on the menu.
This Banana & Hazelnut Pancake Stack is not for the faint of heart!
Layers and layers of fluffy pancakes smothered in delicious nutella, topped with banana slices and a drizzle of maple syrup. Finish with a scoop of hazelnut gelato – if you dare!!!!
You will need 4 to 5 pancakes – see pancake recipe. It is so easy to create this delicious treat.
Not for the faint at heart
15 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
3 each Eggs, separated
115g Plain Flour
5g Baking Powder
140ml Full-cream milk
Pinch sea salt
3 each Bananas, sliced
Hazelnut or Vanilla Gelato or Frozen Yoghurt (whatever brand you love)
- Separate the eggs, putting the whites into one bowl and the yolks into another.
- Combine the plain flour, baking powder and milk and then mix into the egg yolk until it forms a smooth, thick batter.
- Whisk the egg whites with pinch of sea salt until they form stiff peaks.
- Fold a third of egg whites into the batter – just enough till just folded through.
- Then fold in remaining egg whites.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over a moderate heat.
- Pour some of batter into the pan and fry for a couple of minutes until it starts to look golden and firm.
- Loosen with a spatula and turn or flip the pancake over. Continue frying until golden.
- Once all pancakes are made, we can start with to add flavours.
- Place one pancake on plate, then spread with nutella, and evenly lay slices of banana, then drizzle with maple syrup.
- Spread nutella on another pancake and sit ontop of first one. Then add the banana slices and maple syrup.
- Repeat step 11.
- Spread nutella on fourth and last pancake. Sit onto of the stack. Place a large scope of Hazelnut gelato (of whatever gelato or ice cream or frozen yoghurt flavour you like). Let gelato soften a bit and melt over your pancakes. Then go for it!