Trained and worked in the pastry industry for over 10 years, Angela loves to bake; and particular everyone’s favourite sponge cakes & scones.
In addition, Angela knows (as a mother of two munchkins) how glorious it is to be treated to wonderful treats (high tea style) on Mother’s Day!
Sponge cakes and scones are synonymous with Mother’s Day for Angela, so she would love to share all she knows about these classics as well as sitting with you to enjoy a mini high tea style afternoon to celebrate being a woman and the many hats women wear!
This is parts hands-on and demonstration workshop.
What you’ll learn.
- How to make a sponge cakes.
- How to make classic scones.
- How to make jams to accompany both sweets.
- The techniques and methods on how to bake both sponge cakes and scones.
What you’ll get.
- Morning tea on arrival with coffee/tea/drinks;
- Take home recipe and notes from the day;
- Learn how to make and bake sponge cake and scones;
- Share in a sit down mini High Tea setting and enjoy a light lunch with a glass of champagne.
- Drinks provided throughout.
What to bring.
- A big smile
- An Apron
- Wear comfortable closed-toe shoes
- A container in case we have spare to take home.
Terms & Conditions for this event:
- There is a minimum of 6 participants for this class. We reserve the right to cancel a class up to 48 hours prior to its date if we do not have enough bookings. This class will not be held if there are fewer than 4 participants (or otherwise specified), and in this case, your money will be refunded or transferred to another class at your discretion.
- Classes are non-refundable, however if 48 hours (2 full days) notice is given, a credit will be given to attend a future class. If you do not wish to attend a future class, you may send someone else to attend the class in your place. Please let us know if this is going to be the case and the details of your replacement.
The Village Cooks is located Sylvania, Sydney (26kms south of Sydney City, 12kms from Sydney Airport).