Join Angela as she shares her kitchen garden. Angela will share her very basic knowledge of setting up your very own kitchen garden and how to maintain it throughout the seasons. We will then retreat to the kitchen studio where we will cook together an authentic Italian lunch employing the winter seasonal vegetables on offer. Experience the magic of growing your own produce and then using it to create glorious Italian fare.
Angela Palermo, founder & teacher of The Village Cooks, trained as a pastry chef and has worked for the likes of Rachel Grisewood, Sam Marineve, Lorraine Godsmark, and Andy Bunn.
Her cooking and baking is heavily influenced by her Italian heritage and growing up in a family that grew its own food and created dishes from their own produce. Angela shares her love of simple, home-style cooking & baking with students at her cooking school, The Village Cooks, & teaches Pasta Classes at Cornersmith, Sydney.
What you’ll learn
- The very basics of how to setup a seasonal kitchen garden & maintain it;
- How to employee seasonal produce to cook authentic Italian fare.
What you’ll get.
- Morning tea on arrival with coffee/tea/drinks;
- Take home recipe and notes from the day;
- Learn the basics of a kitchen garden set-up and maintenance;
- Create an authentic Italian lunch using vegetables from the kitchen garden;
- Drinks provided throughout.
What to bring.
- A big smile
- An Apron
- Wear comfortable closed-toe shoes
- A container incase we have any leftovers.
Terms & Conditions for this event:
- Terms & Conditions for this event:
- Classes are non-refundable. 14 days notice is required if you wish to transfer to another class or to keep your funds in credit for another time.
- Cancellations made within 14 days or less of the class date are unable to be transferred or credited. You are welcome to send someone in your place by notification and with details of your replacement, or otherwise, your spot will be forfeited.
- Every effort will be made to not change or cancel classes, but in case of sickness or emergency, we reserve the right to change the date of the class and in the event of a class not proceeding, a full refund will be made.
- There is a minimum of 4 participants for this class. We reserve the right to cancel a class up to 48 hours prior to its date if we do not have enough bookings. This class will not be held if there are fewer than 3 participants (or otherwise specified), and in this case, your money will be refunded or transferred to another class at your discretion.
The Village Cooks is located Sylvania, Sydney (26kms south of Sydney City, 12kms from Sydney Airport).