Trained and worked in the pastry industry for over 10 years, Angela loves to bake, particularly Italian torte.
Originally, this workshop was scheduled before Mother’s Day in May and was called ‘A Mother’s Day’ workshop to celebrate being a mum (Angela is a mum of two small children) or having a mum! Whilst it is no longer Mother’s Day, we can still celebrate mother’s with Italian cakes (and scones). We will bake traditional Italian torte and I promise to keep a demonstration on how to bake scones (everyone’s favourite).
This is parts hands-on and demonstration workshop.
What you’ll learn.
- How to bake a panna cotta sponge cake.
- How to bake a traditional Calabrese ‘Apple & Ricotta Cake’.
- How to make classic scones.
- Plus more.
What you’ll get.
- Morning tea on arrival with coffee/tea/drinks;
- Take home recipe and notes from the day;
- Learn how to make and bake Italian cakes (and scones);
- Share in a sit down mini High Tea setting and enjoy a light lunch with a glass of champagne.
- Drinks provided throughout.
What to bring.
- A big smile
- An Apron
- Wear comfortable closed-toe shoes
- A container in case we have spare to take home.
Terms & Conditions for this event:
- Terms & Conditions for this event:
- Classes are non-refundable. 14 days notice is required if you wish to transfer to another class or to keep your funds in credit for another time.
- Cancellations made within 14 days or less of the class date are unable to be transferred or credited. You are welcome to send someone in your place by notification and with details of your replacement, or otherwise, your spot will be forfeited.
- Every effort will be made to not change or cancel classes, but in case of sickness or emergency, we reserve the right to change the date of the class and in the event of a class not proceeding, a full refund will be made.
- There is a minimum of 4 participants for this class. We reserve the right to cancel a class up to 48 hours prior to its date if we do not have enough bookings. This class will not be held if there are fewer than 3 participants (or otherwise specified), and in this case, your money will be refunded or transferred to another class at your discretion.
The Village Cooks is located Sylvania, Sydney (26kms south of Sydney City, 12kms from Sydney Airport).