Join Angela for a her last cooking & baking class of 2019: an Italian Christmas Lunch!!
In this class, Angela with share her love of creating a traditional Italian Christmas lunch – you will experience Angela’s traditional Italian Christmas as she has experienced since a child! The menu will include Italian antipasti to start, Lasagna per secondi (seconds), and to end, there will be Tiramisu (made from scratch!!!). This is a group effort! You will learn by demonstration and by hands-on experience.
Angela Palermo, founder & teacher of The Village Cooks, trained as a pastry chef and has worked for the likes of Rachel Grisewood, Sam Marineve, Lorraine Godsmark, and Andy Bunn.
Her cooking and baking is heavily influenced by her Italian heritage and growing up in a family that grew its own food and created dishes from their own produce. Angela shares her love of simple, home-style cooking & baking with students at her cooking school, The Village Cooks, & teaches Pasta Classes at Cornersmith, Sydney.
What you’ll learn
- How to prepare traditional Italian antipasti to serve for Christmas lunch;
- How to make lasagna from scratch (includes how to make pasta);
- How to make tiramisu from scratch (includes savoiardi sponge biscuits & italian meringue)
What you’ll get.
- Morning tea on arrival with coffee/tea/drinks;
- Take home recipe and notes from the day;
- Learn the art of preparing a traditional Italian Christmas lunch;
- Share in a traditional Italian Christmas lunch;
- Drinks provided throughout.
What to bring.
- A big smile
- An Apron
- Wear comfortable closed-toe shoes
Terms & Conditions for this event:
- There is a minimum of 5 participants for this class. We reserve the right to cancel a class up to 48 hours prior to its date if we do not have enough bookings. This class will not be held if there are fewer than 4 participants (or otherwise specified), and in this case, your money will be refunded or transferred to another class at your discretion.
- Classes are non-refundable, however if 48 hours (2 full days) notice is given, a credit will be given to attend a future class. If you do not wish to attend a future class, you may send someone else to attend the class in your place. Please let us know if this is going to be the case and the details of your replacement.
The Village Cooks is located Sylvania, Sydney (26kms south of Sydney City, 12kms from Sydney Airport).