Gillian Bell is returning to The Village Cooks to share her love of baking cakes. This one-to-one intimate class is not to be missed!
Gillian Bell is cake-maker, private cook and podcaster who travels the world with her whisk making wedding cakes with a story of their very own. Gillian has just returned from Scandanavia and the UK where she was commissioned to make two wedding cakes for couples she had never met.
Gillian is self-taught and says we can all bake. She loves to answer your questions about baking, smash the myths that may be undermining your confidence, and help everyone to build a solid baking repertoire.
podcast ‘Dispatch To A Friend’
– Participants will learn hands-on how to bake and fill a layered butter cake and a sponge cake which they can decorate with fresh fruit and flowers. Participants will be provided with boxes to take their cakes home.
A light lunch and refreshments will be provided.
Please note: In this class, cakes will not be gluten-free.
What you’ll learn.
- How to bake butter cake & sponge cake;
- How to decorate both cakes with freshly made buttercream, fruit & flowers;
What you’ll get.
- This will be a small intimate group allowing one-to-one tuition from the amazing Gillian Bell;
- Morning tea on arrival at The Village Cooks which includes coffee and/or tea;
- Two decorated cakes to take home and share with your family (cake boxes provided);
- Take home recipe and notes from the day;
- Share in a light lunch (while cakes cool down before decorating).
- Enjoy an afternoon tea with cake made by Gillian Bell.
- Drinks provided throughout.
What to bring.
- A big smile
- An Apron
- Wear comfortable closed-toe shoes
Terms & Conditions for this event:
- There is a minimum of 4 participants for this event. This event will not be held if there are fewer than 4 participants (or otherwise specified), and in this case, your money will be refunded or transferred to another class at your discretion.
- This event is non-refundable. If you are unable to attend, you will be able to transfer your ticket to another individual at your discretion.
The Village Cooks is located Sylvania, Sydney (26kms south of Sydney City, 12kms from Sydney Airport).