In this class, Angela with share her love of baking choux pastry to create delectable porfiteroles & eclairs. She will start by showing you how to make choux pastry, how to shape porfiteroles and eclairs, and then how to make authentic fillings influenced by Angela’s Italian heritage for mouthwatering pastries/desserts. This class is both hands-on and demonstration.
Angela Palermo, founder & teacher of The Village Cooks, trained as a pastry chef and has worked for the likes of Rachel Grisewood (Manna From Heaven, Marrickville), Sam Marineve (Marineve Pasticceria, Five Dock), Lorraine Godsmark (Yellow Bistro, Potts Point), and Andy Bunn (Cafe Sopra, Waterloo).
Her cooking and baking is heavily influenced by her Italian heritage and growing up in a family that grew its own food and created dishes from their own produce. Angela shares her love of simple, home-style cooking & baking with students at her cooking school, The Village Cooks, & teaches Pasta Classes at Cornersmith, Sydney.
What you’ll learn
- How to make choux pastry;
- How to create two shapes; Porfiteroles & Eclairs;
- How to make fillings influenced by an Italian heritage;
What you’ll get.
- Morning tea on arrival with Nespresso coffee/tea/drinks;
- Take home recipe and notes from the day;
- Learn the art of making choux pastry to create porfiteroles & eclairs;
- Share in a light lunch;
- Sample the pastries we bake on the day with an Espresso;
- Drinks provided throughout.
What to bring.
- A big smile
- An Apron
- Wear comfortable closed-toe shoes
- A large container to take home some pastries made on the day.
- Terms & Conditions for this event:
- Classes are non-refundable. 14 days notice is required if you wish to transfer to another class or to keep your funds in credit for another time.
- Cancellations made within 14 days or less of the class date are unable to be transferred or credited. You are welcome to send someone in your place by notification and with details of your replacement, or otherwise, your spot will be forfeited.
- Every effort will be made to not change or cancel classes, but in case of sickness or emergency, we reserve the right to change the date of the class and in the event of a class not proceeding, a full refund will be made.
- There is a minimum of 6 participants for this class. We reserve the right to cancel a class up to 48 hours prior to its date if we do not have enough bookings. This class will not be held if there are fewer than 5 participants (or otherwise specified), and in this case, your money will be refunded or transferred to another class at your discretion.
The Village Cooks is located Sylvania, Sydney (26kms south of Sydney City, 12kms from Sydney Airport).