Angela is very very excited to be commencing, at The Village Cooks, a series cooking and baking classes to celebrate her favourite (and most influential) Italian cookbook authors! Angela’s cooking and baking has be shaped by many things; her Southern Italian heritage, her professional training as a pastry chef & experience working in commerical kitchens, but by far, her Italian cookbooks (which there are many), have given Angela a greater understanding of la cucina povera!
“I am extremely excited to be sharing the cooking and baking from some of my favourite Italian cookbook authors. In each class, we will celebrate one Italian cookbook author that has influenced me! I will choose an entreè, main and dessert from the Italian author’s cookbook/s and recreate these dishes in the class. My first celebrated Italian cookbook author is Anna Del Conte! I love Anna’s authentic Italian provincial cooking & baking style and it has greatly shaped the way I cook!”
This is a (mostly) demonstration & (some) hands-on class.
Angela Palermo, founder & teacher of The Village Cooks, trained as a pastry chef and has worked for the likes of Rachel Grisewood (Manna From Heaven, Marrickville), Sam Marineve (Marineve Pasticceria, Five Dock), Lorraine Godsmark (Yellow Bistro, Potts Point), and Andy Bunn (Cafe Sopra, Waterloo).
Her cooking and baking is heavily influenced by her Italian heritage and growing up in a family that grew its own food and created dishes from their own produce. Angela shares her love of simple, home-style cooking & baking with students at her cooking school, The Village Cooks, & teaches Pasta Classes at Cornersmith, Sydney.
What you’ll learn.
- A brief on Anna del Conte and her cookbooks;
- How to cook and bake a three course meal all from Anna del Conte’s cookbooks.
- How to cook and bake authentic Italian cuisine.
What you’ll get.
- Morning tea on arrival – Nespresso coffee/tea & drinks;
- Take home recipe and notes from the day;
- To cook and bake a 3 course lunch – recreated from Anna del Conte’s cookbooks.
- To share in a sit down lunch together eating Anna del Conte recipes with a glass of vino & espresso to end our lunch.
- Drinks served throughout the day.
What to bring.
- A big smile
- Wear comfortable closed-toe shoes
- Terms & Conditions for this event:
- Each ticket purchased online for cooking classes or workshops at The Village Cooks includes a Booking Fee of $5.00
- Classes are non-refundable. 14 days notice is required if you wish to transfer to another class or to keep your funds in credit for another time.
- Cancellations made within 14 days or less of the class date are unable to be transferred or credited. You are welcome to send someone in your place by notification and with details of your replacement, or otherwise, your spot will be forfeited.
- Every effort will be made to not change or cancel classes, but in case of sickness or emergency, we reserve the right to change the date of the class and in the event of a class not proceeding, a full refund will be made.
- In the event of Australian Government lockdown or restrictions, where cooking classes or workshops are postponed, a refund will be made available (omitting the $5.00 Booking Fee from the total refund).
- There is a minimum of 4 participants for this class. We reserve the right to cancel a class up to 48 hours prior to its date if we do not have enough bookings. This class will not be held if there are fewer than 4 participants (or otherwise specified), and in this case, your money will be refunded or transferred to another class at your discretion.
- By registering & forwarding payment, the participant of the ticket is consenting to these conditions.
The Village Cooks is located Sylvania, Sydney (26kms south of Sydney City, 12kms from Sydney Airport).