As a trained pastry chef, Angela has made a few tarts in her time. Working with pastry is one of Angela’s favourite baking skills and growing in an Italian family, she loved eating crostate – both sweet and savoury tarts.
Angela is most excited to be sharing two of her favourite recipes for shortcrust pastry; one of which employs an ancient grain flour called Kamut (easily digestible flour). Angela is also excited to be sharing some of her favourite fillings and all she knows on how to make the most glorious Italian rustic scrumptious crostate to entertain family and friends!
This is both a hands-on and demonstration workshop.
What you’ll learn.
- How to make a delicate Italian Shortcrust pastry.
- How to make a Shortcrust pastry using ancient grain flour, Kamut, with its nutty flavours.
- How to make Frangipane (almond flavour) filling.
- How to make Rhubarb Jam and use as a filling in one of the tarts.
What you’ll get.
- Morning tea on arrival (including coffee, tea, drinks provided)
- Hands-on and one-to-one tuition on how to make shortcrust pastries and fillings;
- Take home recipe and notes from the day;
- To sample the crostate (tarts) that we make on the day with an espresso;
- To share in a light lunch.
What to bring.
- A big smile
- An Apron
- Wear comfortable closed-toe shoes
- A container in case we have spare and to take home.
Minimum 4 participants.
The Village Cooks is located Sylvania, Sydney (26kms south of Sydney City, 12kms from Sydney Airport).