Angela has been making pasta since she was 5 years old and continues this tradition within her own small family, making fresh pasta as often as possible.
Angela is the founder/teacher of The Village Cooks. She is trained as a Pastry Chef and a self taught home cook. Her cooking is heavily influenced by her Italian heritage and growing up in a family that grew its own produce and created Italian dishes from this harvest. Angela shares her love of simple, home-style cooking & baking with students at her cooking school The Village Cooks in Sydney South.
This will be a hands-on & demonstration class where you will learn to make two gnocchi doughs; the traditional & ever popular Potato gnocchi, along with Ricotta gnocchi, using the freshly made ricotta which you will learn in this cooking class.
What you’ll learn.
- How to make Potato Gnocchi.
- How to make fresh Ricotta for our ricotta gnocchi.
- How to make Ricotta Gnocchi
- How to make basic seasonal sauces to compliment these two gnocchi dishes.
What you’ll get.
- Morning tea arrival including coffee and/or tea
- Take home recipe and notes from the day;
- Learn how to make fresh potato & ricotta gnocchi, along with complimentary sauces;
- Share and eat the gnocchi we make in a sit down lunch.
- Drinks provided throughout (including vino and espresso).
What to bring.
- A big smile
- An Apron
- Wear comfortable closed-toe shoes
- A container in case we have spare and to take home.
Terms & Conditions for this event:
- Each ticket purchased online for cooking classes or workshops at The Village Cooks includes a Booking Fee of $5.00 (booking fee is non-refundable).
- Classes are non-refundable. 14 days notice is required if you wish to transfer to another class or to keep your funds in credit for another time.
- Cancellations made within 14 days or less of the class date are unable to be transferred or credited. You are welcome to send someone in your place by notification and with details of your replacement, or otherwise, your spot will be forfeited.
- Every effort will be made to not change or cancel classes, but in case of sickness or emergency, we reserve the right to change the date of the class and in the event of a class not proceeding, a full refund will be made.
- In the event of Australian Government lockdown or restrictions, where cooking classes or workshops are either cancelled or postponed, a refund will be made available (excluding the $5.00 Booking Fee from the total refund).
- There is a minimum of 5 participants for this class. We reserve the right to cancel a class up to 48 hours prior to its date if we do not have enough bookings. This class will not be held if there are fewer than 5 participants (or otherwise specified), and in this case, your money will be refunded or transferred to another class at your discretion.
- By registering & forwarding payment, the participant of the ticket is consenting to these conditions.
The Village Cooks is located Sylvania, Sydney (26kms south of Sydney City, 12kms from Sydney Airport).