Angela has been making pasta since she was 5 years old and continues this tradition within her own small family, making fresh pasta as often as possible.
Angela is the founder/teacher of The Village Cooks. She is trained as a Pastry Chef and a self taught home cook. Her cooking is heavily influenced by her Italian heritage and growing up in a family that grew its own food and created dishes from their own produce. Angela shares her love of simple, home-style cooking & baking with students at her cooking school and teaches Pasta making at Cornersmith, Marrickville Sydney.
This will be a hands-on class where you will learn to make an eggless pasta dough and learn to shape authentic Italian pasta shapes.
What you’ll learn.
- How to make an egg-less pasta dough.
- How to make Orecchiette pasta
- How to make Capunti pasta.
- How to make Gnocchetti pasta
- How to make basic sauces to compliment these shapes of pasta.
What you’ll get.
- Morning tea arrival including coffee and/or tea
- Take home recipe and notes from the day;
- Learn how to make fresh egg-less pasta dough and shape pasta;
- Share and eat the pasta we make in a sit down lunch.
- Drinks provided throughout.
What to bring.
- A big smile
- An Apron
- Wear comfortable closed-toe shoes
- A container in case we have spare and to take home.
Terms & Conditions for this event:
- There is a minimum of 4 participants for this class. We reserve the right to cancel a class up to 48 hours prior to its date if we do not have enough bookings. This class will not be held if there are fewer than 3 participants (or otherwise specified), and in this case, your money will be refunded or transferred to another class at your discretion.
- Classes are non-refundable, however if 48 hours (2 full days) notice is given, a credit will be given to attend a future class. If you do not wish to attend a future class, you may send someone else to attend the class in your place. Please let us know if this is going to be the case and the details of your replacement.
The Village Cooks is located Sylvania, Sydney (26kms south of Sydney City, 12kms from Sydney Airport).