As a trained pastry chef, Angela loves to bake the old Victorian classics; especially Sponge Cake and Scones.
In addition, Angela loves sharing in a High Tea with friends. As a regular to the many venues offering High Teas in both Sydney and Melbourne; Angela will recreate a High Tea at The Village Cooks.
Classic Sponge cakes and scones are synonymous with High Tea, so why not join in the delight of learning how to bake these two classic sweets and then enjoy them in a High Tea! This is parts hands-on and demonstration workshop.
What you’ll learn.
- How to make a classic sponge cake.
- How to make classic scones.
- How to make jams to accompany both sweets.
- The techniques and methods on how to bake both sponge cakes and scones.
What you’ll get.
- Light savoury snack on arrival with coffee/tea/drinks;
- Take home recipe and notes from the day;
- Learn how to make and bake classic sponge cake and scones;
- Share in a sit down High Tea.
- Drinks provided throughout.
What to bring.
- A big smile
- An Apron
- Wear comfortable closed-toe shoes
- A container in case we have spare to take home.
Minimum 4 participants.
The Village Cooks is located Sylvania, Sydney (26kms south of Sydney City, 12kms from Sydney Airport).