Join Angela for a autumn authentic Italian inspired lunch. Together, you will cook & bake a 3-course Italian menu using simple, fresh, seasonal autumn produce from both Angela’s Kitchen Garden at The Village Cooks, as well as from the local Farmer’s Markets. Angela will allow the ingredients of this season to influence the food you will all create & eat together, and only be guided by Angela’s love of her Italian (southern) heritage. This is mostly a hands-on class, with a little demonstration.
Angela Palermo, founder & teacher of The Village Cooks, trained as a pastry chef and has worked for the likes of Rachel Grisewood, Sam Marineve, Lorraine Godsmark, and Andy Bunn.
Her cooking and baking is heavily influenced by her Italian heritage and growing up in a family that grew its own food and created dishes from their own produce. Angela shares her love of simple, home-style cooking & baking with students at her cooking school, The Village Cooks, & teaches Pasta Classes at Cornersmith, Sydney.
What you’ll learn
- How to create an authentic 3-course authentic Italian lunch using simple, fresh & seasonal (autumn) ingredients;
- How to cook & bake Italian home-style fare;
- How to plan and entertain with ease.
What you’ll get.
- Morning tea on arrival with coffee/tea/drinks;
- Take home recipe and notes from the day;
- Learn the art of creating a 3 course menu using only autumn produce;
- Share in a 3-course Italian inspired autumn lunch;
- Drinks provided throughout.
What to bring.
- A big smile
- An Apron
- Wear comfortable closed-toe shoes
- A container incase we have any leftovers.
Terms & Conditions for this event:
- There is a minimum of 5 participants for this class. We reserve the right to cancel a class up to 48 hours prior to its date if we do not have enough bookings. This class will not be held if there are fewer than 4 participants (or otherwise specified), and in this case, your money will be refunded or transferred to another class at your discretion.
- Classes are non-refundable, however if 48 hours (2 full days) notice is given, a credit will be given to attend a future class. If you do not wish to attend a future class, you may send someone else to attend the class in your place. Please let us know if this is going to be the case and the details of your replacement.
The Village Cooks is located Sylvania, Sydney (26kms south of Sydney City, 12kms from Sydney Airport).