Ricotta is one of the most rewarding products to make at home and tastes like heaven (you will never buy store bought ricotta again)!
In this class, you will learn to make fresh ricotta using a vegetable rennet. We will then use our freshly made ricotta to create three dishes for a delicious lunch; baked ricotta for an antipasto to start, our main will include Spinach & Ricotta Cannelloni (we will make fresh pasta for this dish), and to end, a ricotta cake.
This cooking class is mostly hands-on, with some demonstration.
Angela Palermo, founder & teacher of The Village Cooks, trained as a pastry chef and has worked for the likes of Rachel Grisewood, Sam Marineve, Lorraine Godsmark, and Andy Bunn. Her cooking and baking is heavily influenced by her Italian heritage and growing up in a family that grew its own food and created dishes from their own produce. Angela shares her love of simple, home-style cooking & baking with students at her cooking school, The Village Cooks, Sydney.
What you’ll learn.
- How to make fresh ricotta
- How to employ freshly made ricotta into an Italian traditional dish – Spinach & Ricotta Cannelloni
- How to make fresh egg pasta
What you’ll get.
- Morning tea on arrival;
- Take home recipe and notes from the day;
- To make fresh ricotta;
- To make a traditional Italian dish; Spinach & Ricotta Cannelloni;
- A sit down lunch where we will eat all that we have made;
- Drinks served throughout the day.
What to bring.
- A big smile
- Wear comfortable closed-toe shoes
- A container or two incase we have leftovers from the day.
Terms & Conditions for this event:
- Each ticket purchased online for cooking classes or workshops at The Village Cooks includes a Booking Fee of $5.00 (booking fee is non-refundable).
- Classes are non-refundable. 14 days notice is required if you wish to transfer to another class or to keep your funds in credit for another time.
- Cancellations made within 14 days or less of the class date are unable to be transferred or credited. You are welcome to send someone in your place by notification and with details of your replacement, or otherwise, your spot will be forfeited.
- Every effort will be made to not change or cancel classes, but in case of sickness or emergency, we reserve the right to change the date of the class and in the event of a class not proceeding, a full refund will be made.
- In the event of Australian Government lockdown or restrictions, where cooking classes or workshops are either cancelled or postponed, a refund will be made available (excluding the $5.00 Booking Fee from the total refund).
- There is a minimum of 5 participants for this class. We reserve the right to cancel a class up to 48 hours prior to its date if we do not have enough bookings. This class will not be held if there are fewer than 5 participants (or otherwise specified), and in this case, your money will be refunded or transferred to another class at your discretion.
- By registering & forwarding payment, the participant of the ticket is consenting to these conditions.
The Village Cooks is located Sylvania, Sydney (26kms south of Sydney City, 12kms from Sydney Airport).