In this class, Angela with share her love of shortcrust pastry, and seasonal produce to recreate glorious fillings. You will, with one-to-one guidance, create authentic sweet Italian Crostate that you will take home to share with family & friends. This class is both hands-on and demonstration.
Angela Palermo, founder & teacher of The Village Cooks, trained as a pastry chef and has worked for the likes of Rachel Grisewood, Lorraine Godsmark, and Andy Bunn.
Her cooking and baking is heavily influenced by her Italian heritage and growing up in a family that grew its own food and created dishes from their own produce. Angela shares her love of simple, home-style cooking & baking with students at her cooking school The Village Cooks & teaches Pasta Classes at Cornersmith, Sydney.
What you’ll learn
- How to make shortcrust pastry. Angela will share two of her favourite shortcrust pastries, one being her popular kamut pastry made with an ancient grain;
- How to make fillings using seasonal produce;
- How to create two authentic Italian Crostate;
What you’ll get.
- Morning tea on arrival with coffee/tea/drinks;
- Take home recipe and notes from the day;
- Learn the art of making shortcrust pastry and using seasonal produce to create glorious fillings;
- Share in a light lunch;
- Sample the Italian Crostate we bake on the day with an Espresso;
- Drinks provided throughout.
What to bring.
- A big smile
- An Apron
- Wear comfortable closed-toe shoes
- A container in case we have spare to take home.
Terms & Conditions for this event:
- There is a minimum of 4 participants for this class. We reserve the right to cancel a class up to 48 hours prior to its date if we do not have enough bookings. This class will not be held if there are fewer than 3 participants (or otherwise specified), and in this case, your money will be refunded or transferred to another class at your discretion.
- Classes are non-refundable, however if 48 hours (2 full days) notice is given, a credit will be given to attend a future class. If you do not wish to attend a future class, you may send someone else to attend the class in your place. Please let us know if this is going to be the case and the details of your replacement.
The Village Cooks is located Sylvania, Sydney (26kms south of Sydney City, 12kms from Sydney Airport).