Angela Palermo, founder & teacher of The Village Cooks, trained as a pastry chef and has worked for the likes of Rachel Grisewood, Lorraine Godsmark, and Andy Bunn.
Her cooking and baking is heavily influenced by her Italian heritage and growing up in a family that grew its own food and created dishes from their own produce. Angela shares her love of simple, home-style cooking & baking with students at her cooking school The Village Cooks & teaches Pasta Classes at Cornersmith, Sydney.
In this class, Angela with share her love of shortcrust pastry, and seasonal produce to recreate glorious fillings. You will, with one-to-one guidance, create authentic sweet Italian Crostate. This class is both hands-on and demonstration.
What you’ll learn
- How to make shortcrust pastry. Angela will share two of her favourite shortcrust pastries, one being her popular kamut pastry made with an ancient grain;
- How to make fillings using seasonal produce;
- How to create construct two authentic Italian Crostate;
What you’ll get.
- Morning tea on arrival with coffee/tea/drinks;
- Take home recipe and notes from the day;
- Learn the art of making shortcrust pastry and using seasonal produce to create glorious fillings;
- Share in a light lunch;
- Sample the Italian Crostate we bake on the day with an Espresso;
- Drinks provided throughout.
What to bring.
- A big smile
- An Apron
- Wear comfortable closed-toe shoes
- A container in case we have spare to take home.
Minimum 4 participants.
The Village Cooks is located Sylvania, Sydney (26kms south of Sydney City, 12kms from Sydney Airport).