Angela is very excited to be bringing back a series of Italian Regional cooking and baking workshops for 2019 to celebrate her Italian heritage!
“I am extremely happy to be continuing this journey through the regions of Italy, with a trip to Abruzzo, and cooking will be my good friend, Rita Ciofani.
Rita is a first generation Italian-Australian who’s parents migrated from Abruzzo Italy to Earlwood NSW Australia in the 1950’s. We have had many laughs comparing stories of our Italian upbringings in our Australian setting.
Rita’s work experience has been varied; kneading dough in her parent’s Italian Pizza Restaurant for many years, working as a chef in ‘Far Horizons Restaurant’ in Brighton-le-sands, and as a waitress at ‘Elio’s’ at Leichhardt. Rita will share with us an Abruzzese traditional classic dish and her childhood favourite; Polenta con Sugo di Salsiccia (Polenta with a ragu sauce of sausage). This will be an amazing dish (one of my favourite too) and an amazing day – Rita and I look forward to sharing it with you!”
This is a (mostly) demonstration & (some) hands-on class.
What you’ll learn.
- A brief on the area of Abruzzo, Italy;
- You’ll hear stories about Rita’s parents growing up in Abruzzo Italy, and Rita’s experiences growing up as first generation Italian-Australian;
- How to make (by demonstration and hands-on) a traditional Abruzzese dish – Polenta con Sugo di Salsiccia.
What you’ll get.
- Morning tea on arrival;
- An authentic demonstration on how to make Polenta;
- An authentic demonstration on how to make Sugo di Salsiccia (the traditional sausage sauce);
- Take home recipe and notes from the day;
- To share in a sit down lunch together eating our traditional authentic Abruzzese dish – Polenta con Sugo di Salsiccia;
- Drinks served throughout the day.
What to bring.
- A big smile
- Wear comfortable closed-toe shoes
Terms & Conditions for this event:
- There is a minimum of 5 participants for this class. We reserve the right to cancel a class up to 48 hours prior to its date if we do not have enough bookings. This class will not be held if there are fewer than 4 participants (or otherwise specified), and in this case, your money will be refunded or transferred to another class at your discretion.
- Classes are non-refundable, however if 48 hours (2 full days) notice is given, a credit will be given to attend a future class. If you do not wish to attend a future class, you may send someone else to attend the class in your place. Please let us know if this is going to be the case and the details of your replacement.
The Village Cooks is located Sylvania, Sydney (26kms south of Sydney City, 12kms from Sydney Airport).