Angela is no stranger to teaching kids how to cook/bake. With two kids of her own, Angela enjoys sharing her love of cooking and baking with her two children; Freya (7) and Remy (4). Angela is passionate about teaching all kids where real food comes from and how easy and fun it can be to make it all from scratch.
This will be a hands-on class. Children will need to be between the age of 7 to 15 years. Parents are welcome to stay or to drop children off and pick up at completion of class: there are many wonderful cafes in the nearby Gymea Village or Miranda Westfield.
What you’ll learn.
- How to make simple cake batter by using hands.
- How to make simple biscuits by using hands.
- How to make simple cake icing to decorate using hands.
What you’ll get.
- Morning tea arrival; Chocolate Chip Cookies;
- Take home recipe and notes from the day;
- Learn how to bake cake & biscuits using our hands;
- A light lunch (sandwiches/wraps) while our cakes cool.
- End the day by enjoying cake & biscuits that we bake.
- Drinks provided throughout.
What to bring.
- A big smile
- An Apron
- Wear comfortable closed-toe shoes
- A large container (or two) to take home cake & biscuits made on the day.
Terms & Conditions for this event:
- There is a minimum of 4 participants for this class. We reserve the right to cancel a class up to 48 hours prior to its date if we do not have enough bookings. This class will not be held if there are fewer than 3 participants (or otherwise specified), and in this case, your money will be refunded or transferred to another class at your discretion.
- Classes are non-refundable, however if 48 hours (2 full days) notice is given, a credit will be given to attend a future class. If you do not wish to attend a future class, you may send someone else to attend the class in your place. Please let us know if this is going to be the case and the details of your replacement.
The Village Cooks is located Sylvania, Sydney (26kms south of Sydney City, 12kms from Sydney Airport).