Mercato e Pranzo literally means Market & Lunch. This workshop involves a morning visit to a local Farmer’s Market and then cooking/baking at The Village Cooks with our market haul to create an Italian inspired winter lunch.
Angela Palermo, founder & teacher of The Village Cooks, trained as a pastry chef and has worked for the likes of Rachel Grisewood, Lorraine Godsmark, and Andy Bunn. Her cooking is heavily influenced by her Italian heritage and growing up in a family that grew its own food and created dishes from their own produce. Angela shares her love of simple, home-style cooking with students at her cooking school The Village Cooks & teaches Pasta Classes at Cornersmith, Sydney.
– The day will begin at 8am sharp at Ramsgate Foodies & Farmers Market, Sydney where participants will explore the market with Angela and select seasonal produce to take back to the kitchen;
– At The Village Cooks kitchen (10 mins by car from the growers market. PLEASE NOTE: ticket cost doesn’t include transportation) everyone will be involved in preparing the produce and cooking and baking a 3 course pranzo (lunch);
– A tavola! Time to enjoy the dishes we have all prepared at a sit-down lunch with new friends.
What you’ll learn.
- How to select fresh, seasonal produce from Farmers Market;
- How to create simple home-style fare employing seasonal produce;
What you’ll get.
- Tour around the Ramsgate Foodies & Farmers Market, Sydney
- Morning tea on arrival at The Village Cooks which includes coffee and/or tea
- Knowledge, skills and techniques on how to cook & bake from Angela Palermo.
- Take home recipe and notes from the day;
- Share in the joy of eating what we have all prepared in a sit down lunch.
- Drinks provided throughout.
What to bring.
- A big smile
- An Apron
- Wear comfortable closed-toe shoes
Minimum 6 participants.
Terms & Conditions for this event:
- There is a minimum of 6 participants for this class. We reserve the right to cancel a class up to 48 hours prior to its date if we do not have enough bookings. This class will not be held if there are fewer than 4 participants (or otherwise specified), and in this case, your money will be refunded or transferred to another class at your discretion.
- Classes are non-refundable, however if 48 hours (2 full days) notice is given, a credit will be given to attend a future class. If you do not wish to attend a future class, you may send someone else to attend the class in your place. Please let us know if this is going to be the case and the details of your replacement.
The Village Cooks is located Sylvania, Sydney (26kms south of Sydney City, 12kms from Sydney Airport).