My good friend, Gillian & I are returning to the kitchen to embrace the glorious seasonal produce of Spring! Join us for a day of gathering, cooking, baking & sharing in a 3 course ltalian inspired lunch.
Gillian Bell is a cake-maker, private cook and podcaster who travels the world with her whisk. A self-taught cook, she encourages everyone to enjoy cooking with her enthusiasm and ability to create dishes from local, seasonal produce rather than follow recipes.
Angela Palermo, founder & teacher of The Village Cooks, trained as a pastry chef and has worked for the likes of Rachel Grisewood, Lorraine Godsmark, and Andy Bunn. Her cooking is heavily influenced by her Italian heritage and growing up in a family that grew its own food and created dishes from their own produce. Angela shares her love of simple, home-style cooking with students at her cooking school The Village Cooks & teaches Pasta Classes at Cornersmith, Sydney.
– The day will begin at 8am sharp at Ramsgate Foodies & Farmers Market, Sydney where participants will explore the market with Gillian and Angela and select seasonal produce to take back to the kitchen;
– At The Village Cooks kitchen (10 mins by car from the growers market. PLEASE NOTE: ticket cost doesn’t include transportation) everyone will be involved in preparing the produce and cooking a 3 course pranzo (lunch);
– A tavola! Time to enjoy the dishes we have all prepared at a sit-down lunch with new friends.
What you’ll learn.
- How to select fresh, seasonal produce from Farmers Market;
- How to create simple home-style fare employing seasonal produce;
What you’ll get.
- Tour around the Ramsgate Foodies & Farmers Market, Sydney
- Morning tea on arrival at The Village Cooks which includes coffee and/or tea
- Knowledge, skills and techniques on how to cook & bake from both Gillian Bell and Angela Palermo.
- Share in the joy of eating what we have all prepared in a sit down lunch.
- Drinks provided throughout.
What to bring.
- A big smile
- An Apron
- Wear comfortable closed-toe shoes
Terms & Conditions for this event:
- There is a minimum of 8 participants for this event. We reserve the right to cancel a class up to 48 hours prior to its date if we do not have enough bookings. This event will not be held if there are fewer than 6 participants (or otherwise specified), and in this case, your money will be refunded or transferred to another class at your discretion.
- This event is non-refundable. If you are unable to attend, you will be able to transfer your ticket to another individual at your discretion.
The Village Cooks is located Sylvania, Sydney (26kms south of Sydney City, 12kms from Sydney Airport).
ALL PHOTOS TAKEN BY LAURA REID PHOTOGRAPHY.