This will be a hands-on class with some demonstration where you will learn to make pasta dough and then create two popular and traditional Italian pasta shapes (filled with seasonal goodness): Ravioli & Tortellini.
Angela has been making pasta since she was 5 years old and continues this tradition within her own small family, making fresh pasta as often as possible.
Angela is the founder/teacher of The Village Cooks. She is trained as a Pastry Chef and a self taught home cook. Her cooking is heavily influenced by her Italian heritage and growing up in a family that grew its produce and created Italian dishes from this harvest. Angela shares her love of simple, home-style cooking & baking with students at her cooking school, The Village Cooks, and teaches Pasta making at Cornersmith, Marrickville Sydney.
What you’ll learn.
- How to make pasta dough.
- How to make Ravioli using seasonal fillings.
- How to make Tortellini using seasonal fillings.
- How to make basic sauces to compliment these pasta shapes.
What you’ll get.
- Morning tea arrival including Nespresso coffee and/or tea
- Take home recipe and notes from the day;
- Learn how to make fresh pasta dough and create two pasta shapes;
- Share and eat the pasta we make in a sit down lunch.
- Drinks provided throughout (including a glass of vino and espresso to end the day).
What to bring.
- A big smile
- An Apron
- Wear comfortable closed-toe shoes
- A container in case we have spare and to take home.
- Terms & Conditions for this event:
- Each ticket purchased online for cooking classes or workshops at The Village Cooks includes a Booking Fee of $5.00
- Classes are non-refundable. 14 days notice is required if you wish to transfer to another class or to keep your funds in credit for another time.
- Cancellations made within 14 days or less of the class date are unable to be transferred or credited. You are welcome to send someone in your place by notification and with details of your replacement, or otherwise, your spot will be forfeited.
- Every effort will be made to not change or cancel classes, but in case of sickness or emergency, we reserve the right to change the date of the class and in the event of a class not proceeding, a full refund will be made.
- In the event of Australian Government lockdown or restrictions, where cooking classes or workshops are postponed, a refund will be made available (omitting the $5.00 Booking Fee from the total refund).
- There is a minimum of 4 participants for this class. We reserve the right to cancel a class up to 48 hours prior to its date if we do not have enough bookings. This class will not be held if there are fewer than 4 participants (or otherwise specified), and in this case, your money will be refunded or transferred to another class at your discretion.
- By registering & forwarding payment, the participant of the ticket is consenting to these conditions.
The Village Cooks is located Sylvania, Sydney (26kms south of Sydney City, 12kms from Sydney Airport).