Happy Australia Day! Sunday 26 January 2014.
Following on from our previous recommendation for Australia Day BBQ ideas (see Moroccan Barbecued Lamb with Minted Yoghurt) is one for all seafood lovers, Coriander & Zesty Lime Prawns.
I love this zesty sauce with prawns cooked on the bbq. The combination of coriander, parsley, chives, lemon & lime, and ginger are perfect – especially with prawns. It is very important to keep the prawn in its entirety while cooking (apart from it’s legs) in order to seal the layer of fat. When cooked, this fat will render through the flesh of the prawn thus resulting in an amazingly succulent flavour.
15 minPrep Time
6 minCook Time
21 minTotal Time
12 each Green King Prawns, only cut off legs (leave rest of shell)
1 tblsp Olive oil
1 small bunch Coriander leaves
1/2 small bunch Flat-leaf Parsley leaves
1/2 small bunch Chives, roughly chopped
20g Ginger, peeled and roughly chopped
1 each Lemon, zest and juice
1 each Lime, zest and juice
100ml Olive oil
- Thread each prawn onto a wooden skewer (soak skewers in water for 30mins before threading) and drizzle with olive oil.
- Place in a small food processor, the coriander, parsley, chives, lemon & lime zest and juice, garlic, ginger, sea salt and drizzle of olive oil. Blitz till a chunky sauce/paste.
- Smear the prawns with more olive oil and some of the paste. (Be careful not to spike your fingers with prawn sharp bits).
- Heat a bbq plate till hot. Drizzle the prawns with a little more olive oil and then cook on hot plate for 2 to 3 mins on each side.
- Once cooked, take off hot plate and allow to rest for 5 mins before serving.
- Serve with remaining paste. Yum!