This morning, Freya and I made these delicious biscuits for our play-date with our friends, Billy & Stella. They are crunchy & chewy and take no time at all to make – so easy!
These biscuits are also very versatile as you can substitute some of the dried fruits for your favourites such as – raisins, dried apples, dates, etc. Additionally, you could even change the plain flour with Gluten-free plain flour. Easy!
Delicious biscuits filled with dried fruits and sesame seeds. Such a great snack for the whole family and so easy to prepare.
5 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
15 minTotal Time
100g Dried Apricots, chopped
50g Sesame seeds
100g Rolled oats
150g Plain flour
100g Brown Sugar
2 tblsp Golden Syrup
1 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
- Preheat your oven to 180c and line two baking trays with baking paper.
- Combine butter, sugar, golden syrup and two tblsps of water in a saucepan over medium heat. Using a wooden spoon, stir until the butter has melted.
- Remove from heat and then stir in the bicarbonate of soda. Mix until fluffy and puffed up. Then set aside to cool slightly.
- In a bowl, combine oats, flour and sesame seeds.
- Then add in the apricots, cranberries, sultanas and the butter mixture. Stir to combine.
- With damp hands, roll tblsps of mixture into balls and place on prepared trays. Flatten slightly with your finger tips and bake in oven for 10 mins or until light golden. Leave on tray for 5 mins.
- Then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely before serving. Great to have with a glass of banana & strawberry smoothy & fruit.