These orange & almond Mini cakes are moreish.
From the first bite, you will taste the natural fresh flavours of whole cooked oranges and grounded almond meal! You won’t believe that these beauties are dairy and gluten-free they’re that good!
And the fresh flavours continue with the added topping of either blueberry or raspberries. Kiddies will love these as well making them great snacks! The best bit is that these cakes are so easy to make!!!!!!!!!!!!!
15 minPrep Time
25 minCook Time
40 minTotal Time
2 large Oranges
250g Eggs (about 3 to 4)
250g Ground Almond meal
220g Castor Sugar 1tsp OR
5g Baking powder
120g Fresh or Frozen Raspberry or Blueberries
- Scrub the skin of oranges with a clean scourer under running warm water to rid of any wax coating.
- Place whole oranges into a pot and cover with water and boil for 1 hour. Place lid ajar onto.
- Once oranges are cooked, cut them into quarters (make sure to cut oranges in a plate to catch all juices) and remove any seeds. Allow the orange quarters to cool.
- Preheat oven to 170c.
- Lightly grease round shape baking tins or 12 muffin tin with canola oil spray and if using a metal muffin tin - line the base with cut/prepared baking paper.
- In food processor, blend the orange quarters, including the skin, until they turn to a pulp.
- Weigh up all dry ingredients into a bowl – almond meal, castor sugar and baking powder.
- Meanwhile in a mixer bowl, whisk the eggs until light and fluffy – bout 2 mins on spd 8.
- Change whisk to paddle/beater and add the orange pulp mixing gently & then add all dry ingredients – mix gently (spd 1) till all combined well.
- Spoon the mixture into tins – fill 2/3 full.
- Place 2 to 3 raspberries or blueberries on top of each cake mixture.
- Bake for 20mins. Bake for another 5 to 10mins if need to until tops of cakes feel reasonable firm to touch.
- Allow to sit in tin for 5-10mins
- Remove from tin and turn out onto a wire rack. Leave to cool.