Pancakes are so easy to make that there is no need to resort to the pre-packaged pancake mixes full of artificial ingredients (most of which you wouldn’t even recognise).
Just a few fresh ingredients that are pantry/fridge staples – eggs, flour, baking powder and milk – that’s all you need!
Taking no time at all to make, you could be eating fresh fluffy pancakes in minutes!
Delicious, fluffy pancakes!
10 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
25 minTotal Time
3 each Eggs, separated
115g Plain Flour
5g Baking Powder
140ml Full-cream milk
Pinch sea salt
- Separate the eggs, putting the whites into one bowl and the yolks into another.
- Combine the plain flour, baking powder in one bowl and the milk and egg yolk in another. Using a folk, slowly pour and stir egg yolk/milk mixture into flour/baking pdr mixture until it forms a smooth, thick batter.
- Whisk the egg whites with pinch of sea salt until they form stiff peaks.
- Fold a third of egg whites into the batter – mix this amount in thoroughly.
- Then fold in remaining egg whites, being more gentle.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over a moderate heat.
- Pour some of batter into the pan and fry for a couple of minutes until it starts to look golden and firm.
- Loosen with a spatula and turn or flip the pancake over. Continue frying until golden.