This recipe is my mum’s.
I had it a lot as a child as my mum would serve this fritti as a side dish to lamb, chicken or beef. Its a great simple dish to prepare, taking no time at all and you’ll only need four main ingredients – potatoes, red pepper (capsicum), brown onion & rosemary.
The combination of these ingredients is fantastic. The sweet flavour of the red pepper alongside the crunchy fried potato is unbeatable. What’s more, insert the rosemary herb and you have a marriage of flavours. I will often serve Potato & Red Pepper Fritti with grilled lamb cutlets.
A great simple dish to prepare, taking no time at all and you’ll only need four main ingredients – potatoes, red pepper (capsicum), brown onion & rosemary.
10 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
20 minTotal Time
4 to 5 Brown potatoes (russets or brush) peeled, thinly sliced (about 5mm)
1 each Red Pepper, cut in half, deseeded, and sliced thinly
1 each Brown Onion, medium size, peeled and sliced thinly
½ cup Rosemary herb
Pinch Sea salt
1 tblsp Olive oil for shallow frying
- Place a large fry pan on medium to high heat and add the olive oil.
- Lay the slices of potato in pan – allow to cook for 2 mins. Sprinkle with a good pinch of sea salt. Using tongs, turn the slices of potato over and cook for a further 2 mins Try to cook each side of potato to a golden brown colour.
- Add the slices of onion. Cook and toss for 2 mins.
- Then add the slices of red pepper. Cook and toss for 2 mins.
- Add the rosemary and cook a further 5 mins or until all ingredients are cooked through.
Serve as a side dish with lamb, chicken, beef.