This dessert is the best. Easy and quick – you can whip this strawberry sponge cake up in 40 mins.
You only need four ingredients which are usual pantry staples – eggs, castor sugar, plain flour and self-raising flour! Add strawberry jam, whipped cream, strawberries and voila… you have a scrumptious cake to serve!
You’ll need my recipe for the Classic Sponge Cake
Then to decorate….
10 minPrep Time
10 minTotal Time
See ingredients in recipe for Classic Sponge Cake.
160g Strawberry Jam
600ml Whipping cream
1 punnet Strawberries
Pure Icing Sugar for dusting
- Bake the classic sponge cakes - see recipe for these on blog.
- Spread jam over one of the sponge cakes.
- Meanwhile, whisk cream by hand or in mixer until reach firm peaks – don’t over mix or it will separate. Spoon whipped cream into a piping bag with a star nozzle – size 13 or any other large size star nozzle. Pipe whipped cream cover over the jam and pipe on thick.
- Arrange slices of strawberry over the piped cream.
- Place 2nd sponge cake ontop and then to finish dust with pure icing sugar. Volia.