BEFORE BOOKING A CLASS
- Each cooking class or workshop has a description of what the class will entail. Please carefully read this description of the class before making a booking. In addition, please ensure to inform us of any food allergies you might have upon booking.
- We reserve the right to cancel a class up to 48 hours prior to its date if we do not have enough bookings. Classes will not be held if there are fewer than 4 participants (or otherwise specified), and in this case, your money will be refunded or transferred to another class at your discretion.
- Classes are non-refundable, however if 48 hours (2 full days) notice is given, a credit will be given to attend a future class.
- Junior Classes:
- They are strictly for children aged 7 years old and above (or otherwise specified in a class description) and a parent will have to help out with any child aged less than 10 years old.
WHAT TO BRING TO A CLASS
- We will specify in each class description whether you will need to bring along anything. Each class will usually ask you to bring an apron and to wear comfortable shoes that are sturdy and closed-toed.
- You may be asked to bring a large container to bring home items that you make in class. Again, this will be specified in the class description.
- We have some space allocated for your bags and jackets.
TO PREPARE FOR YOUR COOKING CLASS
- Please arrive 5 to 10 minutes prior to class commencing so that cooking classes can start on time.
- Most of the classes involve hands-on participation which will often require being on your feet for the duration of the class so please wear comfortable, closed-toe shoes.
- We suggest you come hungry as you will eat what you make. In addition, morning tea and light lunch will be provided where specified as well as beverages throughout the class.
DURING THE CLASS
- Some classes may be photographed and recorded as content may be used for promoting future classes on The Village Cooks online channels, including (but not restricted to) Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and both on our blog and newsletter.
- Majority of the classes/workshops are hands-on with one-to-one tuition. At times there may be part demonstration, but this will be specified in the class description.
- Some classes/workshops will be hosted in collaboration with our special guest chefs & cooks. The details of these special guests will be specified in the class description.
- Classes are non-refundable, however if 48 hours (2 full days) notice is given, a credit will be given to attend a future class within a 6 month period.
- If you do not wish to attend a future class, you may send someone else to attend the class in your place. Please let us know if this is going to be the case and the details of your replacement.