BEFORE BOOKING A CLASS
- Each ticket purchased online for cooking classes or workshops at The Village Cooks includes a Booking Fee of $5.00.
- Each cooking class or workshop has a description of what the class will entail. Please carefully read this description & Cancellation Policy of the class before making a booking.
- In addition, please ensure to inform us of any food allergies you might have upon booking.
Please read the following Cancellation Policy for The Village Cooks before purchasing a class ticket.
- The Village Cooks workshops are non-refundable.
- 14 days notice is required if you wish to transfer to another class or to keep your funds in credit for another time.
- Cancellations made within 14 days or less of the class date are unable to be transferred or credited. You are welcome to send someone in your place by notification and with details of your replacement, or otherwise, your spot will be forfeited.
- Every effort will be made to not change or cancel classes, but in case of sickness or emergency, we reserve the right to change the date of the class and in the event of a class not proceeding, a full refund will be made.
- In the event of Australian Government lockdown or restrictions, where cooking classes or workshops are postponed, a refund will be made available (omitting the $5.00 Booking Fee from the total refund).
- By registering & forwarding payment, the participant of the ticket is consenting to these conditions.
WHAT TO BRING TO A CLASS
- We will specify in each class description whether you will need to bring along anything. Each class will usually ask you to bring an apron and to wear comfortable shoes that are sturdy and closed-toed.
- You may be asked to bring a large container to bring home items that you make in class. Again, this will be specified in the class description.
- We have some space allocated for your bags and jackets.
TO PREPARE FOR YOUR COOKING CLASS
- Please arrive 5 to 10 minutes prior to class commencing so that cooking classes can start on time.
- Most of the classes involve hands-on participation which will often require being on your feet for the duration of the class so please wear comfortable, closed-toe shoes.
- We suggest you come hungry as you will eat what you make. In addition, morning tea and light lunch will be provided where specified as well as beverages throughout the class.
DURING THE CLASS
- Some classes may be photographed and recorded as content may be used for promoting future classes on The Village Cooks online channels, including (but not restricted to) Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and both on our blog and newsletter.
- Majority of the classes/workshops are hands-on with one-to-one tuition. At times there may be part demonstration, but this will be specified in the class description.
- Some classes/workshops will be hosted in collaboration with our special guest chefs & cooks. The details of these special guests will be specified in the class description.