This is not a cooking class, but a gathering of people, known or unknown, reconnecting over a 3-course lunch!
I was listening to an episode from The Imperfects podcast recently, when this idea came to me! Over the years, since the increase of social media use and especially since the covid pandemic, levels of isolation, loneliness and disconnect amongst humans has increased dramatically! It was very disheartening to hear that these levels are at their worst ever! And it occurred to me; organise a gathering for lunch here at The Village Cooks – not a cooking class – but an assembly of people around my table where we can sit and chat and connect together over a glorious Italian lunch which I have prepared! This is right up my ally as I love people, I love to cook & bake, and I love to entertain!
‘Let’s Reconnect….over Lunch’ will comprise of the following:
- No apron required! This is not a cooking class, but rather a gathering of friends, old and new!
- A sit-down relaxed 3-course Italian lunch prepared by Angela Palermo;
- The lunch will include a starter, main course and a dessert (menu will be revealed on the day of the lunch);
- Allergies/intolerances will be catered for in the menu;
- A glass of Prosecco on arrival, or non-alcoholic drink (which could include a coffee or tea);
- A glass of vino will be offered during the lunch;
- A total of 8 seats will be available;
- Duration of lunch will be 3 hours – from 11:30am till 2:30pm;
- Cost per ticket is $125;
- Come, relax, eat and share your stories with new & old friends!
Angela Palermo, founder & teacher of The Village Cooks, trained as a pastry chef and has worked for the likes of Rachel Grisewood, Sam Marineve, Lorraine Godsmark, and Andy Bunn. Her cooking and baking is heavily influenced by her Italian heritage and growing up in a family that grew its own food and created dishes from their own produce. Angela shares her love of simple, Italian home-style cooking & baking with students at her cooking school, The Village Cooks.
Terms & Conditions for this event:
- Each ticket purchased online for cooking classes or workshops at The Village Cooks includes a Booking Fee of $5.00 (booking fee is non-refundable).
- Classes are non-refundable. 14 days notice is required if you wish to transfer to another class or to keep your funds in credit for another time.
- Cancellations made within 14 days or less of the class date are unable to be transferred or credited. You are welcome to send someone in your place by notification and with details of your replacement, or otherwise, your spot will be forfeited.
- Every effort will be made to not change or cancel classes, but in case of sickness or emergency, we reserve the right to change the date of the class and in the event of a class not proceeding, a full refund will be made.
- In the event of Australian Government lockdown or restrictions, where cooking classes or workshops are either cancelled or postponed, a refund will be made available (excluding the $5.00 Booking Fee from the total refund).
- There is a minimum of 5 participants for this class. We reserve the right to cancel a class up to 48 hours prior to its date if we do not have enough bookings. This class will not be held if there are fewer than 5 participants (or otherwise specified), and in this case, your money will be refunded or transferred to another class at your discretion.
- By registering & forwarding payment, the participant of the ticket is consenting to these conditions.
The Village Cooks is located Sylvania, Sydney (26kms south of Sydney City, 12kms from Sydney Airport).