Join Angela for a special yearly event: Italian Easter Dolci!!
In this class, Angela with share her love of creating traditional Italian Easter sweets – 3 Italian sweets you find at Easter in Italy.
You will learn to make ‘Pastiera Napoletana’ – a traditional wheat-berry & ricotta pie which originated from Naples, ‘Cannoli’ – deep-fried crunchy tubes filled with candied ricotta and cremè pasticceria typical of Sicily, and lastly, ‘Uncinetti’ – traditional Italian biscotti (biscuits). You will also enjoy a light lunch prepared in advanced to restore the savoury palate.
You will learn both with demonstration and hands-on experience.
Angela Palermo, founder & teacher of The Village Cooks, trained as a pastry chef and has worked for the likes of Rachel Grisewood, Sam Marineve, Lorraine Godsmark, and Andy Bunn.
Her cooking and baking is heavily influenced by her Italian heritage and growing up in a family that grew its own food and created dishes from their own produce. Angela shares her love of simple, home-style cooking & baking with students at her cooking school, The Village Cooks, Sydney.
What you’ll learn
- How to prepare and bake ‘Pastiera Napoletana’
- How to prepare and make ‘Cannoli’
- How to prepare and bake ‘Uncinetti’
What you’ll get
- Morning tea on arrival with coffee/tea/drinks;
- Take home recipe and notes from the day;
- Learn and make traditional Italian Easter Dolci;
- Share in a light Italian lunch;
- Drinks provided throughout.
What to bring.
- A big smile
- An Apron
- Wear comfortable closed-toe shoes
- Bring a large container or a few small ones to take home our baked goods.
Terms & Conditions for this event:
- Due to the recent developments of COVID-19, you must be fully vaccinated to attend this cooking class
- Each ticket purchased online for cooking classes or workshops at The Village Cooks includes a Booking Fee of $5.00 (booking fee is non-refundable).
- Classes are non-refundable. 14 days notice is required if you wish to transfer to another class or to keep your funds in credit for another time.
- Cancellations made within 14 days or less of the class date are unable to be transferred or credited. You are welcome to send someone in your place by notification and with details of your replacement, or otherwise, your spot will be forfeited.
- Every effort will be made to not change or cancel classes, but in case of sickness or emergency, we reserve the right to change the date of the class and in the event of a class not proceeding, a full refund will be made.
- In the event of Australian Government lockdown or restrictions, where cooking classes or workshops are postponed, a refund will be made available (excluding the $5.00 Booking Fee from the total refund).
- There is a minimum of 5 participants for this class. We reserve the right to cancel a class up to 48 hours prior to its date if we do not have enough bookings. This class will not be held if there are fewer than 4 participants (or otherwise specified), and in this case, your money will be refunded or transferred to another class at your discretion.
- By registering & forwarding payment, the participant of the ticket is consenting to these conditions.
The Village Cooks is located Sylvania, Sydney (26kms south of Sydney City, 12kms from Sydney Airport).