Join Angela for an inspiring day learning how to cook & bake Italian-style with seasonal vegetables!
Together, you will cook & bake a few different Italian dishes using simple and fresh seasonal vegetables from both Angela’s Kitchen Garden at The Village Cooks, and from the local Farmer’s Markets. Angela will showcase how easy it is to create wonderful Italian dishes using vegetables!! She with be guided by her love of her Italian (Southern) heritage, vegetables, and years of inspired Italian cooking from some of the greats like Antonio Carlucco & Anna del Conte. This has some demonstration and is mostly a hands-on cooking class.
Angela Palermo, founder & teacher of The Village Cooks, trained as a pastry chef and has worked for the likes of Rachel Grisewood, Sam Marineve, Lorraine Godsmark, and Andy Bunn.
Her cooking and baking is heavily influenced by her Italian heritage and growing up in a family that grew its own food and created dishes from their own produce. Angela shares her love of simple, home-style cooking & baking with students at her cooking school, The Village Cooks, Sydney.
What you’ll learn
- What produce is available through the season;
- How to create an Italian-style dishes using simple, fresh & seasonal vegetables;
- How to cook & bake Italian home-style fare.
What you’ll get.
- Morning tea on arrival with coffee/tea/drinks;
- Take home recipe and notes from the day;
- Learn the art of creating dishes using only VEGETABLES;
- Share in a lunch from the food we have created;
- Drinks provided throughout.
What to bring.
- A big smile
- An Apron
- Wear comfortable closed-toe shoes
- A few containers incase we have any leftovers.
Terms & Conditions for this event:
- Each ticket purchased online for cooking classes or workshops at The Village Cooks includes a Booking Fee of $5.00 (booking fee is non-refundable).
- Classes are non-refundable. 14 days notice is required if you wish to transfer to another class or to keep your funds in credit for another time.
- Cancellations made within 14 days or less of the class date are unable to be transferred or credited. You are welcome to send someone in your place by notification and with details of your replacement, or otherwise, your spot will be forfeited.
- Every effort will be made to not change or cancel classes, but in case of sickness or emergency, we reserve the right to change the date of the class and in the event of a class not proceeding, a full refund will be made.
- In the event of Australian Government lockdown or restrictions, where cooking classes or workshops are either cancelled or postponed, a refund will be made available (excluding the $5.00 Booking Fee from the total refund).
- There is a minimum of 5 participants for this class. We reserve the right to cancel a class up to 48 hours prior to its date if we do not have enough bookings. This class will not be held if there are fewer than 5 participants (or otherwise specified), and in this case, your money will be refunded or transferred to another class at your discretion.
- By registering & forwarding payment, the participant of the ticket is consenting to these conditions.
The Village Cooks is located Sylvania, Sydney (26kms south of Sydney City, 12kms from Sydney Airport).