Angela has been making pasta since she was 5 years old and continues this tradition within her own small family, making fresh pasta as often as possible.
Angela is the founder/teacher of The Village Cooks. She is trained as a Pastry Chef and a self taught home cook. Her cooking is heavily influenced by her Calabrese Italian heritage and growing up in a family that grew its own produce & created Italian dishes from their harvest. Angela shares her love of simple, home-style cooking & baking with students at her cooking school, The Village Cooks in south Sydney.
This will be a demonstration & hands-on class where you will learn to make two types of pasta (only using your hands); one made with egg and one made without! You will learn two different shapes of pasta (again using our hands) and traditional seasonal sughi (sauces) to serve with each pasta.
What you’ll learn.
- How to make pasta by hand.
- How to make traditional pasta using eggs.
- How to make traditional pasta from the South of Italy with no eggs.
- How to shape, using only your hands, two regional Italian pasta shapes – pici, cavatelli, orecchiette, capunti, and more.
- How to make basic seasonal sauces to compliment these two pastas.
What you’ll get.
- Morning tea arrival including coffee and/or tea
- Take home recipe and notes from the day;
- Learn how to make two fresh pasta doughs all by hand.
- Share and eat the pasta we make in a sit down lunch.
- Drinks provided throughout (including espresso and vino).
What to bring.
- A big smile
- An Apron
- Wear comfortable closed-toe shoes
- A container or two in case we have leftovers to take home.
Terms & Conditions for this event:
- Each ticket purchased online for cooking classes or workshops at The Village Cooks includes a Booking Fee of $5.00 (booking fee is non-refundable).
- Classes are non-refundable. 14 days notice is required if you wish to transfer to another class or to keep your funds in credit for another time.
- Cancellations made within 14 days or less of the class date are unable to be transferred or credited. You are welcome to send someone in your place by notification and with details of your replacement, or otherwise, your spot will be forfeited.
- Every effort will be made to not change or cancel classes, but in case of sickness or emergency, we reserve the right to change the date of the class and in the event of a class not proceeding, a full refund will be made.
- In the event of Australian Government lockdown or restrictions, where cooking classes or workshops are either cancelled or postponed, a refund will be made available (excluding the $5.00 Booking Fee from the total refund).
- There is a minimum of 5 participants for this class. We reserve the right to cancel a class up to 48 hours prior to its date if we do not have enough bookings. This class will not be held if there are fewer than 5 participants (or otherwise specified), and in this case, your money will be refunded or transferred to another class at your discretion.
- By registering & forwarding payment, the participant of the ticket is consenting to these conditions.
The Village Cooks is located Sylvania, Sydney (26kms south of Sydney City, 12kms from Sydney Airport).