Italian pastries are adored the world round!
You will learn to bake three popular Italian dolce found in every Italian Pasticceria; Crostata, Cannoli & Cantucci.
We will bake a Italian style Crostata (tart) with a seasonal filling and using traditional Pasta Frolla (Italian pastry), traditional Cannoli from Sicily with a mouthwatering candied ricotta filling, and Cantucci – Italian traditional biscotti to dunk in your coffee!
This cooking class is mostly hands-on, with some demonstration.
Angela Palermo, founder & teacher of The Village Cooks, trained as a pastry chef and has worked for the likes of Rachel Grisewood, Sam Marineve, Lorraine Godsmark, and Andy Bunn. Her cooking and baking is heavily influenced by her Italian heritage and growing up in a family that grew its own food and created dishes from their own produce. Angela shares her love of simple, home-style cooking & baking with students at her cooking school, The Village Cooks, Sydney.
What you’ll learn.
- How to bake three traditional Italian pastries; Crostata, Cannoli & Cantucci.
What you’ll get.
- Morning tea on arrival;
- Take home recipe and notes from the day;
- To bake 3 Italian traditional Italian dolci (sweets);
- To share in the sweets we bake along with a light savoury snack.
- Drinks served throughout the day.
What to bring.
- A big smile
- Wear comfortable closed-toe shoes
- A container or two to take home some of the sweets we baked.
Terms & Conditions for this event:
- Each ticket purchased online for cooking classes or workshops at The Village Cooks includes a Booking Fee of $5.00 (booking fee is non-refundable).
- Classes are non-refundable. 14 days notice is required if you wish to transfer to another class or to keep your funds in credit for another time.
- Cancellations made within 14 days or less of the class date are unable to be transferred or credited. You are welcome to send someone in your place by notification and with details of your replacement, or otherwise, your spot will be forfeited.
- Every effort will be made to not change or cancel classes, but in case of sickness or emergency, we reserve the right to change the date of the class and in the event of a class not proceeding, a full refund will be made.
- In the event of Australian Government lockdown or restrictions, where cooking classes or workshops are either cancelled or postponed, a refund will be made available (excluding the $5.00 Booking Fee from the total refund).
- There is a minimum of 5 participants for this class. We reserve the right to cancel a class up to 48 hours prior to its date if we do not have enough bookings. This class will not be held if there are fewer than 5 participants (or otherwise specified), and in this case, your money will be refunded or transferred to another class at your discretion.
- By registering & forwarding payment, the participant of the ticket is consenting to these conditions.
The Village Cooks is located Sylvania, Sydney (26kms south of Sydney City, 12kms from Sydney Airport).